In order to prepare our bodies (and maybe our minds more so!) we have to put them through the paces each week. Here's a typical week for us:
- Monday: swim 2-3k after work
- Tuesday: morning cycle with the BRAT club (Brett) or interval training (Simi), evening run after work
- Wednesday: long run before work
- Thursday: morning cycle with the BRATs or cycle to/from work
- Friday: day off!
- Saturday: 2.5hr cycle then 30min run straight after
- Sunday: looooooong cycle (4-7hrs) then 30min ocean swim in the afternoon.
As crazy as it sounds, it's been a real thrill getting fit and seeing improvement - to the point where we can face the upcoming ironman challenge without sooo much trepidation.
We wouldn't have it any other way either. Having a training plan that builds up every week (Simi will write about her coach!) also gives us the confidence that if we stick to the plan we'll be ok on the day. Confidence is so important.
So if you're looking for us during the week, chances are we'll be swimming, cycling or running!